Battery management and testing is critical for maintaining power integrity for telecom networks, data centers, and utility transmission and distribution systems. The SMART CABLE SYSTEM provides a simple means for ensuring a reliable and consistent test connection (regardless of technician experience), reduced error and re-work, and a method for transferring and keeping critical battery data on site and within the CELLTRAQ DATA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM automatically.
Advantages of the SMART CABLE SYSTEM:
- Eliminates human error in physical process of testing—no more test probe placement variation
- Reduces/eliminates tester input parameter errors (reference value, nominal voltage, etc.)
- Improves the accuracy of the testing since the history and baseline can be “permanently attached” to the individual battery unit—each serial number can have its own unique value
- Creates efficiencies in the test process—technician only connects the cable, does nothing else unless there is a battery fault, saving time and cost
- Keeps battery history/positive ID/trends from cradle to recycling plant
- Improves safety and reduces technician fatigue
- Works hand-in-hand with a battery information database on a “plug and play” basis via USB, further highlighting the battery status from purchase contract, to manufacture, to install, to maintenance to decommissioning and recycling
- Telecom/DC Plants
- UPS applications, including hard to access cabinets
- Utility switchgear, cable pole tops, more!
To find out more about the Smart Cable system, contact us at BCL Power.